Busby Hall is a Grade II* Listed building set in associated landscape park with woodland, and is located within the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.

The exact age of Busby Hall is not known but it is thought to have been built at the start of the 16th Century. Sometime between 1757 and 1764 the architect John Carr was employed by the owner Jane Marwood Turner, to redesign the Hall. Carr’s plans were only partially implemented and evidence of Carr’s designs are still visible today.

To the north of Busby Hall there are a number of attached buildings – after many years of standing unused most of these buildings are in need of repair. The Nursery Wing was the first job on the ‘to do list’.

Before the work the Nursery Wing was in a very bad state of repair – some of the issues that we addressed were: Leaking roof, deterioration of lead flashings, dry rot, rotten doors and windows, deteriorated stonework and pointing, crumbling chimneys, dangerous electrical and plumbing, areas of damp, damaged staircase, unsympathetic modern internal joinery and various unsympathetic modern additions. In addition to this the internal layout was updated and improved upon.

The Nursery Wing has been comprehensively restored, many of the repairs have been carried out using traditional techniques; The repointing was done in hot lime mortar, the windows were repaired where possible, where the windows were beyond repair we used heritage glass. Corroded stonework was repaired using matching new stone.

  • brackenhill 
  • brackenhill 
  • brackenhill 
  • brackenhill 
  • brackenhill 
  • brackenhill 
  • brackenhill 
  •  
Mouse over image to pause, click image to enlarge